Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week Summary 3/12 - 3/18


Monday              
AM: core strength/stretching
PM: 6 miles, Recovery, South Platte Trail

Tuesday 
AM: core strength/stretching
PM: 12 miles, 3194’, Mt. Falcon
It had been since December, but I finally made it out to the trails during the week! Pretty pathetic… However, I really want to integrate this workout into my schedule on a regular basis. I ran two laps of Mt. Falcon, with the first lap coming in at 51:08 and the second lap at 51:45. I was really working hard on the ascents, with my heart rate lingering in the low 170s.

Wednesday
AM: 10 miles, Aerobic, South Platte Trail
PM: core strength/stretching
PM: 3 miles, Recovery, Cherry Creek Trail

Thursday
PM: 7 miles, Hill Workout, Treadmill
I’m not a huge fan of the treadmill, but it is a great way to get in some hill training without having to drive out to the trails. I warmed up for a mile, then set the incline at 15% with the intention of seeing how far I could get in one hour. I managed to make it just over 5 miles which I was really happy with. This equated to 3,976’ of climbing.

Friday
AM: core strength/stretching
PM: 6 miles, Aerobic, South Platte Trail

Saturday
AM: 26 miles, 5778’, JeffCo Trail Marathon
Link to Garmin Connect data with interactive map
I got out for a solo run that linked together some of my favorite trails in Jefferson County. It was a lariat (lollipop) that included: Chimney Gulch, Apex, Dinosaur Ridge and Red Rocks trails, with a summit of Mt. Morrison thrown in there to add some climbing. I would love to make this an official race course. I could even add a section out to Green Mountain to make a 50k, and a climb of Mt. Falcon for the 50 mile course. Anyone with race directing experience want to help me out??



Golden from the top of Lookout Mountain (Chimney Gulch trail)

Mt. Morrison from Dinosaur Ridge

Red Rocks and Mt. Falcon from Dinosaur Ridge

Mt. Evans from the top of Mt. Morrison

2 miles, 1600 feet above Morrison Road

running with wet feet for Hardrock training
Sunday
AM: 6 miles, 2601’, Green Mountain (Boulder)
Jess and I took a road trip to Boulder for a change of scenery. The trails up to the summit were mostly snow free, aside from the last quarter mile.

Jess enjoying the views from the summit of Green Mountain


PM: 4 miles, Recovery, Cherry Creek Trail

Pretty solid week. It was my goal after Salida to focus more on vert and less on mileage. This happened to be my best week this year in terms of climbing. I basically substituted my tempo run and interval session with more climbing, and I plan to make that my usual routine.
 
Recap
Time: 14:39
Miles: 80.1
Vert: 16,345’

No comments:

Post a Comment