Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week Summary 4/16 - 4/22


Monday              
AM: core strength/stretching
I took a day off from running after a tough week. I was pretty beat from the Incline on Saturday.

Tuesday
AM: core strength/stretching
PM: 4 miles, Recovery, South Platte Trail

Wednesday
AM: core strength/stretching
PM: 8 miles, Aerobic, South Platte Trail
I tweaked my calf last Tuesday while running at Mt. Falcon and I could still feel it a bit. It doesn’t feel serious, but I can feel tell that it’s not 100%.

Thursday
PM: 10 miles, Aerobic, Cherry Creek Trail

Friday
AM: core strength/stretching
PM: 10 miles, Aerobic, South Platte Trail

Saturday
AM: 10 miles, 3200’, Dakota Ridge / Mt. Morrison
I kept the mileage and climbing low for a weekend run. This week is a recovery week, so the goal was just to get some lower intensity miles and enjoy the beautiful weather. Mt. Morrison has potential to be a great training hike for Hardrock. From Red Rocks amphitheater it’s something like 1,400’ of vert in only .8 miles. Hopefully I’ll make it there next week, in addition to the usual Mt. Falcon run.

Sunday
AM: 8 miles, Aerobic, Wash Park

This week was pretty chill, which is exactly what I planned on. The prior 4 weeks I averaged 95 miles and ~18,000’ of vert, which is a lot for me. I’m feeling reenergized and ready for a solid week and a half of running, then it’s time to taper for Quad Rock!

Recap
Time: 9:16
Miles: 50.5
Vert: 3,700’

No comments:

Post a Comment